DDL’s molecular pathology unit has unique experience in molecular analysis in paraffin-embedded specimens.
We offer the following services:
- Preparation of specimen sections for downstream molecular analysis, using strict laboratory conditions, aimed to minimize cross-contamination between samples
- Leica Aperio scanning to obtain digital images of specimen sections, which can be accessed through a web-based interface
- Zeiss Palm laser capture microdissection for downstream molecular analysis of selected areas of interest from biopsy specimens
- Molecular analyses on pathology specimens, e.g, after the human papillomavirus
- Various stainings: hematoxylin-eosin, p16INK4 and others.